Tuesday, January 22, 2013

SUPERBOWL MADNESS!

     So, I don't know how many of you watch sports, or how many of you are going to hate me for this, but my team is in the Superbowl.  My beloved Baltimore Ravens beat out New England to get in to the Superbowl, and did it with a 28-13 score.  Now, considering that I live in Vermont, I should probably apologize to Patriots fans.  I should, but I'm not going to.  Sorry guys, Tom Brady just rubs me the wrong way.
     There are some things that both love and hate about the way modern technology interacts with the Superbowl.  I like the fact that you can watch the game on a TV, or a phone, or an iPod, or even a laptop.  Heck, if you are really desperate, you can listen to the game on the radio.  But there is one thing that I'm not fond of, and that's some of the stories that the media gets out of it.
     First of all, there's the "Battle of the Brothers" Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh, as in the head coaches of Baltimore and the 49ers.  Now either way, it's still gonna be an interesting game, but I'm afraid that the media is going to simplify this down to a battle between two people, which it isn't.  It's a match between two really good teams.  No disrespect to them, but it's not all about the Harbaughs.
     Don't get me wrong, they are both excellent head coaches.  The teams they work for could not have gotten this far without them.  But there are other angles to this as well.  The retirement of Ray Lewis, the emergence of 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick, the strategies of the two teams, and the actual football game.
     That being said, despite all of this, I am still pretty excited to see my Ravens play (and hopefully win) the Superbowl. 

     P.S.  Is anyone else calling Kaepernick "Copernicus" just for laughs?

No comments:

Post a Comment